Baird Hall is a tech entrepreneur and digital marketer, and the Founder of Wavve. He leads all sales, marketing, and support efforts for the Wavve team. Prior to founding Wavve, he did co-found a social media startup and was an early team member at 500 startup company. Baird and Lyndsay discuss what Wavve is and how you can use it so your podcast can reach more people.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is Wavve?
- How do you find the right clip to share?
- How tech savvy do you have to be to use Wavve?
- Has anyone used Wavve for other applications?
- Are there any mistakes you see that we shouldn’t do?
- Do you have any Instagram tips?
Key Lessons Learned:
Podcasting And Video
- Podcasting is an incredible way to build relationships with prospects and customers. It’s the only way to have an authentic conversation without actually talking to someone.
- Tech is making growing an audience with podcast easier than ever.
- Wavve was originally an internal marketing tool developed for Baird’s previous startup. They realized that there is no great way to put long form audio content onto social media.
- Think about the kind of people in your niche and try to anticipate where they spend their time and what kinds of content they are interested so you can grab their attention. Focus on the platform that gets you the best results.
- Use the analytics the social platforms provide to understand where you should be spending your time.
- Give your prospect a reason to listen to what you are creating. Answer the question of why someone should listen and how they can listen.
- If you have a website, you should push people to your site but it depends on your goals for your content. Avoid using your Libsyn link.
- Posting on Instagram at the same times each day consistently will get you the best engagement rates. If you don’t include hashtages
- Promote your old episodes. Podcasts are evergreen content. Try different approaches and keywords and see how you can increase the reach of your past episodes.
- People go to social media to be entertained and get away from work. Use your authentic voice, be yourself, and create an emotional connection with your audience.
- Wavve is an app that takes long form audio and turns it into short video clips that includes images, waveforms, and text. You can put it anywhere that supports video.
- Generally the clip you choose should be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. You want to pick a clip that really stands out and if possible, leaves the listener hanging and wanting to listen to whole thing.
- Some users get creative and use Wavve to put out a quick summary of the episode instead of a quote from the episode itself.
- If you are tech savvy enough to create a podcast, you will have no problem using Wavve.
- Stories on Instagram, Snapchat, and Instagram are where many users are starting to spend their time. Wavve allows you to change the format of the video depending on the platform you are focusing on.
- Wavve templates allow you to match your branding. You can customize the position of the images and text.
- Authors and musicians are using the app to put out snippets of their content on social media. There are so many benefits of putting out video content on social media, but not everyone is comfortable in front of a camera.
- Anytime you can get your voice in front of someone, you will have much more impact that just using text or a blog post. Viewers are seeing the same time of posts over and over again. If you can create something that stands out, you are much more likely to succeed.
- When you boost a video post like one created with Wavve, you get a lot more bang for your buck.
- Make sure your design is clear and accomplishes your goals for what you want the listener to do.
- Check out Wavve for your podcast and reach out to Baird and the team, they’ll be happy to help you get started.
- Don’t forget to be yourself! Your listeners want to connect with a real person so be authentic and honest and start building a real relationship with them.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
Wavve on Instagram